*More Monstera seeds arriving Oct - Nov 2022
Binomial name: Monstera deliciosa
Characteristics: This striking beauty is characterised by its large splits in its leaves. Sometimes known as the Swiss cheese plant, it is sought after in interior design circles.
Seeds per packet: 2, 3, 4 or 5 seeds available
Description: Seed can be sown throughout the year indoors in a mini glasshouse.
Planting medium: Seed raising mix (preferably organic).
Optimum germination temperature: 21°C.
- Create a mini glasshouse. Follow instructions here.
- Press seeds into the seed raising mix about 0.5cm deep. Space seeds at least 5cm apart from each other.
- Put lid on container to speed up germination, as it increases heat and conserves moisture.
- Put container on heat pad or near a heat source. Keep an eye on the soil and container. If too much moisture builds up, take the cover off for a bit to allow excess moisture to evaporate.
- Put mini glasshouse in indirect sun. Do not put in direct sun, as this will dry the planting medium.
- Germination should be between 10-25 days.
- Gently move seedlings to individual containers when they have one leaf.
Note: Seeds are fresh and must be planted straight away.
International customers outside New Zealand - please check whether your country permits the entry of this seed before ordering.