Binomial name: Ficus obliqua
Characteristics: Evergreen tree with glossy, elliptical leaves. Often known as the small leaf fig.
Seeds per packet: 80
Description: Seed can be sown throughout the year indoors in a mini glasshouse.
Planting medium: Seed raising mix (preferably organic).
Optimum germination temperature: 20-25°C
- Create a mini glasshouse. Follow instructions here.
- Sow seed on surface of a porous seed raising mix. The seed will lodge in the the pores of the mix once watered.
- Sprinkle a very light covering of the seed raising mix over the seed. Do not bury seed too deeply.
- Water with fine mist spray to avoid disturbance of the seed.
- Place in a warm shaded or semi shaded position to avoid dying out.
- Seeds germinate at 20-25°C so they must be kept warm.
- Keep warm & moist, avoid drying out or waterlogging the growing mix.
- Germination generally occurs in around 21-42 days in the right condition.